Nimbus The Cat

The irregular Blog of an irregular feline.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Stink Bug

I was enjoying a delightful mid-evening snack in my Nimbus bowl last night, when all of a sudden, a disgusting black bug invaded my personal space. I’m not fond of black bugs, but I will pounce and eat the brown ones, as they taste slightly like chicken. I have never encountered a bug such as this before, so with my mouth still full of my delicious science diet, I proceeded to introduce myself and BLEEGGGGHHH—I uncontrollably spit out my food.

The thing exuded an utterly disgusting aroma that overwhelmed my nostrils!

I demanded that either Moby or the human rid it from my dining area immediately. The man quickly obliged. I encouraged him to squash the thing for the trauma I had just experienced, but the man claimed it would just make it smell like yuck even worse.

Upon reflection of this event, the bug's smelliness appears to be a defense tactic. I now wish the human hadn’t disposed of it so hastily.

There must be a way to acquire this ability to use to my personal advantage…particularly around brushing time. Maybe if I digest one?

I have Moby on the lookout for any of its family members that may be lingering in the vicinity. Oh yes, I will test my hypothesis.

Your swash-buggler,
Nimbus

3 Comments:

I've never even seen a bug like the one you just described. It sounds pretty vicious! Perhaps you could roll around in your litter right before brushing time, and that would produce the same effect.

By Blogger Zeus, at 11:47 AM  

Love your header pic. So shiny! :)

By Blogger Rats & Cats, at 11:35 AM  

Hi Nimbus...it's good to hear from you again. Luckily we don't have to deal with any bugs except an occasional spider. But they're OK 'cause they don't smell!

By Blogger George, Tipper, Max & Misty, at 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home